School Management Committee
HOME > EXPERIENCE@ CHANGKAT > Learning for Life Programme (LLP)
Learning for Life Programme (LLP)
Service and Leadership, through School to Nation is our school's Learning for Life programme.
The objective of the programme is to develop our Changkateers:
- Who can contribute positively to society
- Who are able to use their leadership skills in serving the community and nation
- Who are willing to stand up and advocate for causes they are passionate about
- In line with school’s vision of Serve with Humility
- Level themes of programme are linked to Student Outcomes for each Level
- Main drivers are Student Leadership, CCE, VIA, IPW and CCA
Secondary 1 OutcomesShowing care and respect for self and others, and understanding their roles and responsibilities in their immediate environment.
• Secondary 1 Student Leadership workshop
• Secondary 1 Level Camp
• Design thinking training in IPW
• Conducting a VIA project within school as part of IPW
Secondary 2 OutcomesTake responsibility for their own well-being, build their personal resilience, make a positive impact within our means and sphere of influence.
• Use of Design thinking in IPW – Allow students to improve their use of Design thinking within a VIA context
• Conducting a VIA project within the Simei community– As part of IPW
• Selected students to attend Secondary 2 Student Leadership camp to hone their leadership skill. Identified students will be asked to lead VIA projects in Secondary 3 (Student councilor, Class leaders, CCA leaders)
Secondary 3 OutcomesTake responsibility for their own well-being, build their personal resilience, make a positive impact within our means and sphere of influence.
• Secondary 3 leadership camp – Appointed leaders to be trainers and newly appointed student leaders (who didn’t attend Sec 2 training) to be trainees
• Leading a VIA project (within their class) involving an external organisation
• CCA leaders to lead a VIA for their own CCA (e.g. UG doing community service with Changi Simei CC)
• Secondary 3 Level camp – Students in the Tier 2 programme will be involve in leading their peers in the camp
Secondary 4/5 OutcomesBeing a person of integrity, and leading and inspiring others to work towards common good.
• Mentoring Secondary 3 leaders organising VIAs within CCAs and classes
• Basic Mentorship training/ coaching by Student Leadership Committee