School Management Committee
HOME > EXPERIENCE@ CHANGKAT > Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) > Uniformed Groups > NCC (Air) Boys Unit
NCC (Air) Boys Unit
Teachers in Charge:
- Mr Ong Kian Beng (CO)
- Ms Geraldine Koon (2i/c)
- Mr Mohamed Syafiq
- Mr Iskandar Ishak
Training time & venue:
Friday 2.30pm - 6.30pm (CCA Room & Parade Square)
Established in 2003, the NCC (Air) Boys squadron aims to instill the NCC core values through the various enriching activities that our cadets embarked on.
In the year 2018, Changkat Changi Secondary School NCC (Air) Boys squadron received the Gold Award for our performance in the Best Unit Competition (BUC) 2017. This is the testament our continuous hard work and strong engagement with our stakeholders in ensuring our cadets achieve their best. In the Freestyle Drill Competition 2017, we attained 4th position at the Air District level. At the inaugural NCC Fitness Challenge 2017, we achieved 3rd position at Air District level and 7th position at Grand Finals. In addition, two of our cadets achieved their personal best at NCC Air Competition 2017 by attaining 1st Runner Up for their respective category. Lastly, in the NCC Orienteering Competition 2017, we accomplished 1st Runner Up in our category.
Various activities are organised for the cadets to be exposed to different aspects of the RSAF and the military. Some of the activities are RSAF Familiarisation Experience Programme (FEP) at the air bases, Aeromodelling programme, Proficiency Wing Courses, SAR 21 Live Firing, Camp FORGE, Camp STEEL and visit to Singapore Youth Flying Club (SYFC). We hope that through this experience, our cadets will develop soft skills such as leadership skills, communication and decision making skills, take up aviation related courses or pursue a career in the RSAF.
As part of developing our cadets into an all-rounder individual, we also exposed our cadets to participate in push their physical and mental limits. Three of our cadets volunteered to participate in the marching contingent for Singapore National Day Parade 2017. Similarly, two of our cadets climbed Mount Ophir for the Exercise Puncak programme.
Our training sessions are not limited to just working hard but also playing hard. Annually, we will have fun at our Unit Cohesion Day. In the year 2017, our cadets were engaged in the game called PoolBall as part of the Unit Cohesion activity. This is the time where cadets build trust, strengthen teamwork and camaraderie within the team.
- Aeromodelling training
- Advanced Drill Course
- Camp FORGE
- Camp STEEL
- Freestyle Drill Course
- Bronze/Silver/Gold Wing Course
- Air Affirmation Ceremony
- International Cadet Exchange Programmes (ICEP)
- RSAF Flight Experience Programmes
- SAR 21 Rifle Shooting
- Senior Specialist Leaders Course
- 1-star Kayaking
- Combined UG National Day Parade
- 4th position for Freestyle Drill Competition 2017 (Air District)
- 3rd position for Fitness Challenge 2017 (Air District)
- 7th position for Fitness Challenge 2017 (Grand Finals)
- 1st Runner Up for Chuck Glider Category for Air Competition 2017
- 1st Runner Up for Limbo Flying Category for Air Competition 2017
- 1st Runner Up for NCC Orienteering Competition 2017 (Route 3)
- Unit Recognition Award - Distinction (2018)
- Best Unit Competition - Gold (2017)
- Best Unit Competition - Gold (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Best Unit Competition - Silver (2006, 2008, 2014, 2015, 2016)