HOME > EXPERIENCE@ CHANGKAT > Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) > Uniformed Groups > National Police Cadet Corps
National Police Cadet Corps
Teacher in Charge:
- Mr Venkateswaran S/O M Balakrishnan (I/C)
- Mdm Shahnaz
- Mr Abdul Matiin
Training time & venue:
Friday 2.45pm - 6.00pm (Parade Square)
Mission: To develop its cadets into caring and responsible citizens.
Vision: To mould the builders of a safe & secure home.
The cadets are exposed to various activities that aim to develop their character, potential and leadership skills. Some of these activities include our Leadership and Mentoring Skills Workshop, Unarmed Tactics, Community Safety and Security Programme and Police Youth Ambassador.
Lessons on National Education and Law, such as Basic Law, Police Knowledge 1 & 2 and visits to government and law enforcement agencies help enforce in our cadets the need to play an active role as citizens in Nation Building and in ensuring safety and security in our community.
Camping and outdoors activities aim to inculcate in our cadets the willingness to face the unknown, to take calculated risks and to develop in them resilience and resolve. Adventure Camp, Survival Adventure Camp, our annual unit camp and 1 star kayaking are some of the outdoor activites that cadets participate in NPCC.
- In 2017, Changkat Changi NPCC unit attained the championship in both Captain's Ball (Boys & Girls) for Area 9 Games Day.
- In 2016, Changkat Changi NPCC unit attained the championship in the East Spring 5R Competition.
- In 2015 and 2016, Changkat Changi NPCC unit obtained the Silver award in the Unit Overall Proficiency Award (UOPA).
- In 2014, the Changkat Changi NPCC unit obtained the Bronze Award in Unit Overall Proficiency Award (UOPA)
- In 2008, 2009 and 2010, the Changkat Changi NPCC unit obtained the Bronze award in the Unit Overall Proficiency Award (UOPA).
- In 2006 and 2007, the Changkat Changi NPCC unit obtained the Silver award in the Unit Overall Proficiency Award (UOPA).